Wednesday, July 2, 2008

T-shirt revisted

In the way of these things, Someone decided they wanted a different bird in the lineup for the t-shirt design of last weekend. Hm. Of course I carved the first version as one piece... but through the joys of digital technology and a suitably editable design... no need to start over.

The first version looked like this:


Bird #4 was deemed icky. (I'm afraid I had to concur. I knew better when I carved it.) So... I set up a new tiny plate (2.5 x 2.5 inches) and carved The Replacement:

Through the wonders of digital technology, I scanned the replacement print and dropped it in over the top of the previous Bird #4. Put the whole shebang together with the text and voila! A new design with limited amounts of anxiety. Sure, I had to carve another little bird and print it... but it sure beat having to do the entire line over again.

The problem now, of course, is that I won't be making any prints of the original line to sell AS prints because they won't match until I do some physical splicing of the plate. Oh well.... a challenge for another day.

I expect t-shirt order forms will appear on the RMBO website some time soon. The anniversary party is in August.

1 comment:

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...