Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Got yours? Got mine!


Did I mention I was swamped? I've been going from one thing to another without respite for several days... so busy, even, that there wasn't time to open the tantalizing box from University of Texas Press. I am literally waiting for paint to dry this evening, so out came the Xacto knife.

Yippee! My copies of Susan Tweit's new book, Walking Nature Home, chapter heading illustrations by yours truly, have arrived! It looks as if I'll be hanging out with Susan for some local book release events later in the month, so come on by and chat:

March 21: Reading for Arts at the Library, Salida Regional Library, 3:00-4:30 pm.

March 29: Book signing at the Book Haven in Salida, 3:00-5:00 pm.

The pine cone lino is sadly neglected at the moment, due to a sudden excess of contract work. Hoping to get the next color(s) down on the weekend.

This afternoon I also installed 23 linocuts on the walls of Mother's Bistro in Buena Vista. Show will be up until the end of May! Remember that the DM and pals play music there every Wednesday evening from 7:00-9:00 pm. It's like two arts events in one!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you fabulous! It's great to see the book in your hands, and to know you'll be subjected to the questions of your many fans at the Salida events. (Wonder what Jeff will dig up to say about you?)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I got mine, and I finished reading it a couple of hours ago. I enjoyed your constellations in it.

    As a former (and possibly future) printmaker (linoleum, wood, silkscreen . . . oh, and erasers, too) who has enjoyed both small, simple cuts (one color, 1-2-inch) and larger (up to 3x4-foot screens) sometimes five-color designs, I get vicarious kicks out of your process.

    Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...