Friday, April 3, 2009

More tiny linocuts underway....

The plumbing adventure which began on Monday ended up becoming a day-long distraction yesterday, so schedule-wise everything has got a little out of whack. The good news is that, whilst I couldn't get a good run at any big tasks yesterday, I did manage to squeeze in the first carving on two tiny linocuts.

I also tore down a stack of paper and got my jig all set up last night, so this morning it was once again time for Printing in Pajamas. I don't know... just a strange personal quirk, I guess. There's something nice about going straight from bed to printing table. When I'm finished printing I can eat breakfast and take a shower and turn my attention to the rest of the day with the satisfaction of already having completed something worthwhile.

So.... new on the rack: Tiny sunflowers and a tiny lark sparrow-to-be. Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. Both little winners! I look forward to the next pass. I do love it when you start cutting and printing again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are very nice :D

    always great to get the day off to a good start :)

    did the plumbing problem get all fixed?

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...