Friday, October 30, 2009

Barenlove, part II


I still have a serious crush on this new baren. Three passes have now been made, and so far our teamwork has been admirable. My original notes said this print would only be 8 colors, but this is 7 and we're at least 2 or 3 from the end. I'll say it again: Plan? What plan?

I'm feeling quite perplexed about this one, to be honest. It seems to have a color life of its own... nothing quite as I thought when I started. But remember our new mantra: Don't panic.

Maybe having mojitos on the aforementioned deck is a good idea, after all.

1 comment:

  1. I am still in awe of your registration skills. I think I'll attempt a small-scale lino reduction that won't make me TOO depressed when the layers are off by inches.

    I've learned to have complete faith in your color choice. Don't worry about it! It'll turn out great!

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: Color in a gray season

 Mud season came early to the midcoast this year. So. Much. Rain. Seemed like a great time to get started on a piece with a little more colo...