Friday, April 2, 2010

Barking on the trail


Aaaaaannnnnnnddddd........ back to winter! In the 30s and blowing a gale, but I went for a walk anyway. Had to, or I would have paced a hole in the carpet.

Not good sketching weather, so I popped this nifty piece of bark in my pocket and brought it on home for drawing in warmer, windless studio. Trail notes along the bottom include bird species brave enough to (ahem) go out on a limb in such weather.

So many bad bark puns available, I couldn't choose. (Insert your favorite here:_______)

3 comments:

  1. Let's see???????? How 'bout "barking up a storm"?

    UGH!

    I do love the bark - Aspen bark - just like the Birch trees in northern MI.

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about: barking up the wrong tree...
    don't mean to gloat but up here it's been unusually balmy: 20 C = 70 F
    Still, you have the mountains and what I would give to have those!
    Love your watercolours

    ReplyDelete
  3. *giggle*

    Nicely done, ladies. I was actually going to call this post "barking mad," but maybe not.

    Looking better so far today... snow in the forecast again for Tuesday. Crazy spring.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...