Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whew! That was fun!

Thanks so much to everyone who came out for the opening of "Intimate Landscapes" at the Dos Chappell Bathhouse on Sunday! A steady stream of visitors made for a fun and slightly surreal evening as multiple lifetimes converged. Friends I've known from the age of 12 were there, as was a new friend I met only a week ago! High school and college friends, decade-in-town-of-Golden friends, Art Students League friends, raptor foundation friends, ranching friends, Artposium friends, bird observatory friends, brand-new sent-by-Salida-friends friends, and even a brave blog lurker who– surprise, surprise! lives in the neighborhood and had the gumption to show up and introduce herself. (Hi, Martha!)

Taking a seat at the end of the evening
with my longtime friend Sharon.

Yes, thanks to all of you for showing up AND for having the good grace to smile when my pattern-recognizing brain cells short-circuited from so many people out of context. There were a few times when I had to just stop and shake my head to figure out where I was.

Thanks also to the fine folks who are now giving good homes to linocuts. It delights and honors me that you're letting my work be part of your daily lives.

The only disappointment is discovering that the person I saw out of the corner of my eye snapping photos was not David. Between us we only have 3 shots of the show! I'll get more the next time we go up to Denver, but in the meantime... if you were wielding a camera and got some good pictures, can you send 'em along?

The show is up now until July 27th, and if you're in the Wash Park (Denver) neighborhood you're welcome to stop in during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 9-5. It's worth having a look at the building, too... the front room has some great photos of this Craftsman-era bathhouse, pre-restoration.

Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado headquarters
Dos Chappell Bathhouse, Washington Park
600 S. Marion Parkway, Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...