Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This blog DOES say "brush" in the title, after all

Brush and Baren. There was a reason for the title, 'way back at the end of 2006 when this blog began. At that time I was still spending time wielding a brush and sloshing paint– at least more than I have been lately.

This week I'm back to being a woman of many hats: printmaker, illustrator, writer, painter, photo researcher, administrator, and even vintage magazine seller while a friend is out of town and her online store needs minding. Thankfully at least one of those tasks will be finished after tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit... stretched.

But I was pleasantly surprised to have some watercolor illustrations work out as well as they did over the weekend. A few shorebird beaks and their different foodstuffs were the topic, and by golly both brushes and pigments (not to mention eye-hand coordination) were cooperative.

It's back to the lino illustrations tomorrow. Stay tuned.




4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful!!! Sibley, watch your back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. I've been trying to paint limpets... you make them look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think David has much competition from me, Christina! I like painting the nice, graphic, strongly-marked species, but all those little speckled gray and brown things make me nuts. ;-)

    Thanks, Lisa... the limpets were fun. Don't get to see too many of them where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry,

    I believe that an artist only have to win if working in several mediums. Maybe not with the same intensity, but at least, besides one or two main ones, have another one to relax.

    If not one's main medium, watercolour should be on the try out list.

    José

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...