Thursday, February 4, 2016

Linocut in Progress: Slowly

Today's progress was the printing of a transparent blue-to-green blend. The green seems a little bright, but most of this will be covered by one more darker layer. Which of course means more water carving. I love carving and printing water... but right now I'm starting to get a little impatient for faster progress. And I'm getting nervous about the ducks.

Linocut in progress: Buffleheads, Step 4

I think that once the water is resolved I'm going to need to overprint white on all the birds. Or at least on the females. Eek. Don't know. Will have to give it some serious thought... but I know there's going to be a rather intense ugly stage. (Ugly duckling stage, of course.) Stay tuned, could be a choppy ride.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to pour another glass of wine or have a Bex and a nice lie-down...as always, I am amazed at you detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm not sure what a Bex is... but if it inspires a nice lie-down I'm all for it! Willing to share? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its slang for tylenol type meds?? I think lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water looks great already. You can feel the swells. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the ducks are looking fine. Maybe you won't need the white. Never prints as bright as you hope anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely going to need white, at least as an under layer on the female ducks. They are light gray and brown! I know that I won't get back to pure white, that's not the plan, but I will be happier with a sort of "base" layer to drag things back into a lighter realm.

    Although right now I'm just trying to get through the water. I don't know whose idea it was to try to keep track of these complex shapes, but she ought to have her head examined. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...